Monday, April 1, 2013

Buy Some Jewelry, Benefit a Dog!



It has been in my local news lately that a local animal shelter has been abusing animals that they are expected to take care of and nurse back to health.  For the full story click here.  The dogs had their picture taken when they came into the shelter.  When compared to how they were found it was horrible;  they were emaciated, dehydrated and several were wounded from fighting for food.  The public officials have turned their backs on these animals and have continued to allow this to happen.  They should be ashamed.

A local Nashville animal group, Big Fluffy Dog Rescue, was quickly on the scene rescuing these animals and finding them a place to stay with foster homes.  Those that needed medical attention were taken to vets and I'm just amazed at what they do everyday.  (The picture above is one of their dogs currently up for adoption in New England, not one of the recently rescued dogs from Tennessee.)

I was very sad to hear about this situation and knew that I had to do something.  So...drum roll please...I'm running a special in my Etsy shop for the month of April.  I will be donating 10% of my shop sales to BFDR.  This is an excellent time to buy a Mother's Day Gift, birthday gift, or something special for yourself, while benefitting an awesome animal rescue organization.

No special codes to enter or anything to remember.  I keep track of sales and total up everything at the end of the month, making one large donation.  If you'd like to donate to BFDR now, click here.

Thank you for your purchase and for helping out BFDR.


No comments:

Post a Comment